Barrow romantic shepherds hut is ideal for couples to get away from it all to relax together in the heart of the South Downs, rural Hampshire. The hut feels so warm and welcoming with its retro yellow and soft grey interior.
Spend an evening around the campfire relaxing with your loved one, perhaps toasting marshmallows or stargazing. And bacon and eggs taste so much better when cooked and eaten outside! There’s nothing quite like the experience of waking up in your romantic shepherds hut before cooking outdoors over the firepit.
Best for… Couples; Keen cooks; Retro fans!
1 Double Bed
- Explore the beautiful countryside and relax together in your romantic shepherds hut, or take a day trip out to one of the many attractions nearby.
- Discover our local country pubs, some of which are award-winning, and all serve delicious food perfect for a date night!
- With a different layout to our more traditional huts, the double doors increase the sense of light and space, and make the hut seem bigger than it really is. Doctor Who would be proud! There’s plenty of storage under the bed, a wardrobe that cleverly extends down behind the seating and a table that slides away when it’s not needed.
- At Wriggly Tin, every hut has it’s own fire pit, which we hope you’ll use at least once during your stay. Start your day with a Full English Breakfast cooked over the campfire! Order a Breakfast Basket; sourced from Hampshire as much as possible.
- We provide all the equipment you’ll need for cooking, including a cast iron griddle, skillet and casserole pot, along with a tripod for hanging them over the fire and, of course, a toasting fork and marshmallows.
- The ‘facilities’ are located in a custom-built shepherd’s hut (no surprise there!) There are two washrooms, each with a shower and composting toilet. Forget your memories of dribbling, lukewarm campsite showers, ours provide a steaming deluge from watering can shower heads!
- The composting toilets are odourless and save more than 30,000 gallons of water annually. Instructions for using these are in the Survival Guide which will be in Barrow ready for your arrival.