Set in a quiet glade and surrounded by bluebells in the spring, this restored hut once worked on a Quaker farm near Winchester. It’s now perfect hut offgrid glamping with a hot tub.
Best for… Privacy; Pets; Bluebells; Hot tub; Hermits and Royalists!
Bad for… Tall people! The bed is only six feet long.
- Glamping with a hot tub is such a treat! Hidden away next to Old Winchester is a wood-fired hot tub which is for the exclusive use of the guests staying in Old Winchester. The hot tub is great for a couple and no chemicals are used in the water, so it suits everybody.
- Bring your dog to the Shepherd’s Hut! New born lambs once slept under the bed in Old Winchester and now that space is the perfect place for dogs to sleep.
- Old Winchester has a royal theme and is full of memorabilia from the days of empire. It was going to be called ‘Jubilee’, to mark the late Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, but wasn’t ready in time. Instead, this hut was named after the nearby viewpoint which is a Site of Special Scientific Interest and a Nature Reserve. It’s so cosy and relaxing within it’s own glade, surrounded by ancient trees, and just perfect for glamping with a hot tub.
- Enjoy spending evenings sitting around the campfire. Cooking equipment is provided, including a tripod for hanging the kettle over the fire and, of course, a toasting fork and marshmallows.
- We can supply a pre-ordered and prepped First Night Supper, and Breakfast ingredients. Cooking outdoors is great fun and brings out the primeval instinct in all of us.
- Two washrooms are within The Wash Hut, a converted Shepherd’s Hut, and each has a basin, shower cubicle and composting toilet.