Awash with period details, the interior of his traditional shepherds hut includes beautiful old floorboards and graffiti carved into the interior panelling by past occupants.
Best for…Tall people; Couples; Dog owners
- Book this traditional shepherds hut for your glamping holiday in Hampshire. Little Sheepwash was built in Norfolk in 1898, and is the oldest hut here at Wallops Wood. It’s a little different because it has a pitched roof, instead of the more common curved style. The pitch helps snow to slide off, apparently. Whatever the reason, the result is that it’s really tall inside!
- Little Sheepwash is over 120 years old and still has much of its original interior panelling, which we didn’t want to paint over. It’s the only one of the huts with bare wood inside, but what a lovely patina!
- Discover this beautiful part of the South Downs, our site is within a secluded meadow surrounded by ancient woodland, and a local walks leaflet is within the hut. Take it slow and explore the nearby walking trails and get close to nature.
- Bring your dog! The huge space under the bed is where the shepherd sheltered the lambs all those years ago. These days, it’s a perfect space for your dog to sleep.
- Enjoy campfire cooking over the firepit, and toasting marshmallows supplied in the Welcome Hamper. All the cooking equipment you’ll need is provided for you in this shepherds hut.
- The Wash Hut, a custom-built shepherd’s hut (no surprise there) comprises two washrooms. Each has a basin, shower cubicle and composting toilet. The Wash Room is close to the site entrance.