Hallelujah! This tiny glamping house is a larger shepherd’s hut with ensuite, blessed with its own shower and composting toilet. It’s named after the printers’ church near Fleet Street as the previous owner worked there before creating this little slice of heaven.
Best for… Off-grid luxury; Couples; Mini-moons
- St Bride’s is a replica tin chapel Shepherds Hut with ensuite and the ultimate in off-grid glamping.
- The ‘Church in the Woods’, at nearby Bramdean was the inspiration for this tiny glamping house. It was commissioned by Alex, the previous owner, who used to work on national newspapers on Fleet Street in London.
- Heavens above, there’s a solar panel on the roof which ensures you can charge your phone! You can keep in touch with the outside world if that’s what you’re praying for.
- Count your blessings that the woodburning stove keeps you warm at night, and provides heat for cooking and hot drinks.
- Until hell freezes over, cooking equipment is provided in this lovely hut, including indoor and outdoor kettles, casserole pot, skillets and cooking tripod. Enjoy toasting the marshmallows provided in the welcome pack while you sit around the campfire in the evenings!
- And it would be a sin not to order one of our heavenly Breakfast Baskets to cook bacon and eggs over the campfire. There’s just nothing better than cooking in the open air, is there? It seems to bring a primeval instinct out of us.
- This ensuite shepherd’s hut has a picket fence and gates connecting it to the meadow from it’s own garden. The ancient woodland is a beautiful backdrop to St Bride’s, and helps to make this slice of heaven so cosy.
- Join the select congregation of guests who have previously stayed in St Bride’s, and see you in church!